Holly Hill Construction and Real Estate is looking for a full-time Accounting Assistant
We are looking for someone who is excited to work for a small and growing business, and who is willing and able to help serve our team, and clients by jumping in with a go-getter attitude to do whatever is needed.
We need a problem solver. Someone who is willing to go the extra mile to figure out what is happening and why. Someone who enjoys digging into a problem.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Assistant will provide administrative and financial
support services. The position works closely with other accounting personnel, internal
departments, and external parties.
Holly Hill Construction & Real Estate has several divisions under one roof and under the same ownership, primarily organized under Chattanooga Dock Builders and H&H Property Management and Investment
Experience with QuickBooks Desktop and ResMan Property Management software is a plus, but not required. Being able to multitask between different software and strong Excel skills are a must!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Insurance entries, calculations, and recording entries and payments across multiple companies
- Workers’ Compensation calculations, monthly reporting to workers’ compensation company and payment, recording on multiple company books
- Maintain intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliations
- Posting Journal entries and reconciling accounts monthly
- Become well-versed in month-end balance sheet account reconciliations for multiple companies
- Assist Controller with month-end process
- Assist Controller with financial statement review and preparation
- Assist Controller with projection analysis and presentation, work closing with the Regional Manager to create projected financial documents
- Escrow transfers from multiple companies to the management company
- Escrow analysis of all escrow accounts
- Record and make mortgage payments for multiple companies
- Enter Payroll Journal entries into multiple companies
- Other tasks involving receivables and other Financial Analyses as needed
- Act as backup to the Bookkeeper, to keep the department running smoothly.
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Accounting is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel – knowledge of sorting, formatting, and analyzing data
- Strong analytical problem-solving aptitude with creative solutions
- Ability to organize work with large amounts of information efficiently
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both in writing and verbally, with management, vendors
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Able to work as a team player
- Open to development of skills and knowledge
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Excellent customer service
Salary: $18-$20 an hour depending upon experience
Hours Monday – Friday 8:00am 5:00pm
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Candidates will be subject to background checks (credit and criminal) and may be tested for drug use.